Before applying please ensure you have the required experience for the position. Candidates without required experience and THOSE APPLY WITH NON-ENGLISH RESUMES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Please apply for a maximum of 3 positions. Those candidates with more than 3 applications in total will risk removal from the evaluation process.
The Vision Mixers craft a programme from the director's vision and the producers rundown, responsible for all areas of the production, including live rolling news, outside broadcasts and feature programmes. The Vision Mixer operates a large and complex piece of gallery equipment and has a strong technical understating on the workings of television equipment. The most qualified successful applicant for this job will be invited to head the unit subject to further negotiation.
• Operating a large and complex Vision desk. Cutting between sources as directed or independently if asked to by the director.
• The ability to act calmly under very real pressure to deliver a clean output.
• Using the Vision desk to optimize the output's strengths. Control of inserts to in-vision monitors and a large video wall.
• You may be asked to deputise for the director in their absence.
• Creation of special effects such as multiple boxed pictures, via the vision desk or other machinery.
• Knowledge of how the vision desk works and all television equipment.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• Proven commitment to making innovative television news.
• At least 2 years in a similar capacity at a large channel, gaining a wide experience of vision mixing on a number of different production formats.
• Ability to apply knowledge to a vision mixing product and obtain the highest quality output.
• Ability to maintain a consistent programme style.
• Proactive approach, committed to continuous improvement and self-motivated.
• An effective communicator.
• The ability to anticipate and react quickly and to use your initiative in the many situations arising from this type of production.
• In depth knowledge of vision mixing software and equipment
• Fluent in written and spoken English.