We are now hiring for News Editors in Istanbul.
The News Editor helps the Input Manager set the news agenda for the day and aggressively pursues all breaking news stories with the highest editorial judgement. Working closely with the international bureaux and rest of the newsgathering team you will ensure that the right stories are delivered fin the right way. You will be the key point of contact for programme teams and editors with reporters and newsgathering teams. You will think creatively to deliver content to all platforms as well as ensuring all requirements are met for the teams in the field. You will ensure a collaborative approach to newsgathering and the smooth running of the newsroom.
• Works closely with the Input Manager, playing an active role in leading the news agenda.
• Drives journalism on stories on all platforms - working closely with the bureaux, planning desk and Deputy News Editors to ensure the demands of output are being met.
• Understands the demands of the whole newsgathering team and stays abreast of the editorial priorities and developments
• Ensures the highest standards of quality for the channel's content and style.
• Helps plan and co-ordinate the news desk diary.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• Extensive experience in television news at a senior level, including excellent experience of all aspects of television news production.
• An excellent journalist with strong editorial judgment.
• Previous experience in a large national or international broadcast news channel.
• Accustomed to directing teams working away from base.
• Evidence of a broad range of journalistic interests including social affairs, international politics, public policy, world business and economic affairs, science and the arts.
• Good knowledge of broadcast technology including satellite, I News and editing systems.
• Fluent in both written and spoken English.
• Minimum of 6 years experience required.
• BA in journalism or other related social science major.