Before applying please ensure you have the required experience for the position. Candidates without required experience and THOSE APPLY WITH NON-ENGLISH RESUMES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Please apply for a maximum of 3 positions. Those candidates with more than 3 applications in total will risk removal from the evaluation process.
The IT support staff are responsible for the support of the IT user infrastructure across the whole of TRT World. You will be responsible for supporting both traditional MS office desktop applications and hardware, but also more bespoke broadcast focused applications, in particular iNEWS, Grass Valley Stratus and Edius. You will be working in a highly pressured 24-hour news environment where the requirements and level of support will be varied and challenging.
• Assisting in the maintenance of network servers, printers, IT equipment and systems.
• Handling problems through to resolution.
• Resolving complaints and similar issues and acts to resolve customer support problems in a timely manner.
• Interacting with other support groups to resolve problems, formulate plans and schedules and modify processes.
• Ensuring appropriate data management and security standards and procedures and directs the recovery of data as required.
• Providing desktop and server administrative functions including data backups, file recovery, software installation and upgrades, internet/intranet addressing, communications troubleshooting, server configuration and maintenance, etc.
• Installing tests and troubleshooting a full range of hardware and software, end user tools, etc.
• Ability to perform a wide variety of technical support functions within a high stress and production deadline setting.
• Investigates system violations and potential breaches in security.
• Ability to plan and implement complex installations and to schedule support activities around administrative functions, hardware and software upgrades, etc.
• Apply effective support remedial and problem resolution measures to deal with problems.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• Experience supporting both Windows and Mac systems
• Experience working with windows based networks ‐ 2003/2008
• BA degree in Computer Sciences would be preferred
• Good communication skills in English
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Minimum of three years experience.