We are now hiring for Presenters for Broadcast Centers in London, Singapore and Washington DC. All applicants are required to submit a link to their presentation.
The presenter's duties are primarily to present, either individually or as part of a team, a wide variety of news and current affairs material for the screen.
• Anchors the channel's news output, either alone or with a colleague, with whatever that entails in terms of reading news items and lead‐ins, conducting live interviews and presenting unscripted coverage of breaking news stories as required.
• Writes or edits material for programme scripts, bulletins and links, exercising editorial judgment, maintaining professional journalistic standards and adhering to station policy and legal and contractual guidelines.
• Undertakes interviewing and reporting duties, under broad direction in both recorded and live situations, in studio or on location.
• Prepares and presents bulletins, which may include assessing incoming copy, sub‐editing news copy and deploying the necessary resources.
• May be required to work a shift pattern to serve the needs of a 24 hour news organisation.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• Must have a proven track record in journalism with extensive knowledge of news and current affairs.
• Demonstrated first class news judgment.
• Obvious aptitude for or experience of presentation.
• Must be confident and assured on screen
• Must have a clear speaking voice and demonstrable confidence in front of the camera.
• Should have the ability and confidence to ad‐lib confidently when required.
• Should have the ability to conduct interviews with a wide‐range of interviewees with flair and authority.
• Fluent in both written and spoken English.
• Minimum of 4 years experience.