Before applying please ensure you have the required experience for the position. Candidates without required experience and THOSE APPLY WITH NON-ENGLISH RESUMES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Please apply for a maximum of 3 positions. Those candidates with more than 3 applications in total will risk removal from the evaluation process.
The position as the Senior HR Specialist involves recommending, developing, implementing, administering, coordinating, and / or evaluating HR policies, labor contracts, statutes, programs and procedures covering several of the following: recruitment, compensation, employee relations, labor relations, payroll, benefits, welfare programs, training and development, visa procurement, inter-location transfers, and employee services.
The Senior HR Specialist serves in a lead capacity, providing guidance to other human resources professionals. Uses advanced professional HR concepts to provide guidance to all levels within the organization, utilizing specialized human resources expertise within area of responsibility to resolve highly complex issues.
- Ability to understand the business operations from both a strategic and tactical perspective.
- Implements employee relations strategies designed to create an environment that drives maximum individual and team success.
- Leads and provides support/guidance to Human Resources Specialists.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day administration, communication, implementation and adherence of HR policies and programs.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed. Implements and communicates policies and procedures through various methods.
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of HR laws. Remains current on federal, state, case law changes that affect HR.
- Insures completion and proper retention of I-9 documents.
- Completes monthly I-9 audits and ensures documents are completed accurately and within the required deadline. Reports compliance issues to HR Manager.
- Completes HR transaction forms for employee movement (new hire, termination, position change, promotion, pay change, etc.).
- Regularly files HR paperwork in respective personnel files and keeps personnel files up to date.
- Leads in maintaining up-to-date records in ERP system.
- Followups immigration paperwork and other required immigration matters.
- Leads orientation and the onboarding process by creating new hire onboarding schedules & delivering the onboarding presentation to new employees
- Administers the full-cycle leave of absence process. This includes but is not limited to reporting leave absences and return to work analysis.
- Leads the coordination of various social events, benefit events, community events, and other related facility events.
- Administer, monitor, coordinate, maintain and ensure compliance with areas that may include affirmative action, anti-discrimination, health and safety programs
- Prepares communications related to various HR related subjects.
- Responds to miscellaneous emails from employees requesting basic HR information. This may involve researching programs, policies, procedures, employee benefits offerings or employee services.
- Resolves complex employee relations issues.
- Conduct or participate on trainings and other HR initiatives as needed to meet overall company and department strategic goals and initiatives.
- Perform other ad hoc duties, as assigned by HR Manager.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree in applicable area and minimum of three years HR related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience/training, with Master’s degree as an added advantage
- Minimum of three years of experience within the related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Turkish essential and Arabic is a plus
- Possession of the skills, knowledge, and experience working as a leader of human resources
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures; advanced knowledge of functional area and understands how work impacts other areas in Human Resources
- Must have a thorough understanding and practical knowledge of all aspects of HR (Employee relations, benefits, compensation, payroll, associate development, performance and succession planning, employee involvement) and other areas of human resources as well as organizational initiatives relating to and/or impacting human resources
- Knowledge of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and other related business software programs and systems
- Possesses advanced analytical and presentational skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to use statistics, data, and leverage technology in enhancing performance
- Ability to maintain confidential/sensitive information.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated good judgment and decision making capability.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize various tasks and meet multiple deadlines.
- Highly skilled in communicating clearly and effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong capability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities and needs.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently but a strong team player as well.
- Knowledge of conflict resolution techniques and demonstrated ability to handle extremely difficult or volatile situations/individuals effectively