TRT World believes in reaching our audiences on their preferred platforms through innovative formats that make us relatable to our community. Be it snapchat, whatsapp or something more traditional like facebook or our website, we’re looking for a candidate who understands the importance of creating unique experiences for each platform.
The Product Manager for Web reports to the Head of Digital Products and is responsible for building the global strategy for TRT World across our Web experiences. He/She will be responsible for developing and implementing industry leading strategies across a variety of Web platforms, with a core focus on the trtworld.com website.
The successful candidate must have demonstrated experience developing compelling media strategies across Web related media platforms.
The candidate must have a innovative approach in dealing with the ever changing experience of a web presence, moving beyond the traditional homepage to provide a compelling user experiences across individual pages of content.
- Manage the Websites product roadmap and strategy
- Develop and implement a global strategy for trtworld.com and associated products
- Outline the roadmap for all TRT World websites, working with both the internal software teams and external vendors
- Manage budgets and resource allocation
- Develop product roadmaps and project plans
- Lead discussions around best practices and continually innovate to identify new opportunities as new technologies emerge
- Manage the complete lifecycle of the product road map, from concept through to design, build, launch and iterative improvements
- Work closely with the software team to ensure the CMS is able to effectively publish to the various products
- Work closely with the online team to ensure journalists have the best understanding and experiences of each product
- Develop new methods of creating and distributing content for Web services through interactive experiences
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Demonstrated understanding of the news and media industry
- A passion and commitment to the TRT World spirit of journalism.
- Sound leadership and communication abilities.
- Mastery over the Web landscape.
- Demonstrated experience running creative teams around Web products
- Experienced in contributing to large digital organizations.
- Experienced in analyzing trends in the digital space.
- At least 5-8 years experience in digital media or a related field.
- At least 3-5 years experience in Web product strategy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital media
- A proven track record of success.
- Proficient in English